Friday, April 24, 2009

Would you ever let your boyfriend cut your hair?

4 comments

Now those of you who read my blog know that I’m very frugal and saving-minded. But under no circumstances would I ever let a boyfriend cut my hair to save money.



Yes, those extra monitos spent at a professional hair salon are well spent in my opinion. In fact the hair salon doesn’t even have to be a very “high-end” one for me, as long as they know what they’re doing and do it for a living ;)



Even discount hair salons I’ve been to. But even then I trust them imminently more than I’d ever trust a boyfriend with a pair of shears.



I came to think of this because I was searching for something quite different in Google and found this headline that read:





HOW NOT TO CUT YOUR WIFE’S HAIR - Since my wife's hair is about 3" long, I thought that it'd be nice to hold .... “Vicki, that haircut looks like hell,” and it would start all over again. ...



LOL ;) How could you not be curious after that, lol :) So I had to click on the link and read the story. And I can warmly recommend it. You got to read it.



(You can click on the blue link in the block quote above :)



So those were just my two-cents about this whole hair-cut thing :)



Would you ever let your boyfriend touch a hair on your head with a pair of scissors?



Would you ever let your boyfriend cut your hair?





You brave soul, you.

Comments

4 comments to "Would you ever let your boyfriend cut your hair?"

Zazzu said...
April 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Boyfriend? No. Husband? Yes!

Oh, and not to save money. Bad reason.

You know how hair salons are always closed on Sundays and Mondays? Well, I HAD to have a hair-cut on a Monday for an early business meeting Tuesday. My husband did a great job giving my simple bob a slight trim. I did the bangs myself. It looked fine and (I really think) no one else noticed.

It's not something I'd do again, unless I was in a pinch. The guy who's been cutting my hair for nine years will get a kick out of it when I tell him that he has to fix our amateur job.

It just depends on your hair and how forgiving it is (texture and style).

DH @ The Money Blog Revisited said...
April 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Wow, I'm impressed :) I don't think I've ever heard of a successful husband-haircut before. I've heard tons of sucecsful stories where the wife cuts her husband's hair succesfully. But never the other way around.

You've got a good man there ;) And I'm sure in far more ways than just that one :)

I'd love to hear what the guy who regularly cuts your hair has to say! :) 'Cause it sounds like the two of you did a pretty good job!

DINKS said...
April 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM

hahah...i'm always trying to cut my wife's hair ;) BUT sometimes i do get lucky and am allowed, but only if it's a straight cut across type deal. i'd like to say that i'm 3 for 3 too - thank you very much.

now, as a guy, i always have it cut by the lady. not too hard messing up a mohawk...well, as long as you're drinking or something...but yeah, def. worth saving the money and hassle as a guy :)

DH @ The Money Blog Revisited said...
April 25, 2009 at 5:59 AM

LOL, I like the fact that you really try to get your wife to let you cut her hair :)

LOL, and I like how your wife will "only" lets you cut her hair if it's a simple straight cut kinda thing :) We women do seem to have a general distrust towards our men's haircutting abilities, lol :)

But I'm getting really impressed with the stories I'm hearing here. It seems to me that you guys really can cut a good head of hair.

And yes, definitely, you lucky guys, you! ;) Your haircuts are one of the things that you really can save money on either by having it cut by your female counterparts or by doing it yourselves.

And after this post and these comments I'm actually getting a bit braver, and thinking maybe (but only MAYBE ;) that I'll give it a shot sometime :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences ! :) These are great stories! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com