Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So my boyfriend and me broke up this weekend

4 comments

break-up

So my boyfriend and me broke up this weekend. I feel very sad right now, but I know that in the end it was for the best. And what a time for it to happen, just before Christmas. :( :( :(  We’d only been seeing each other for 5 months, so we fortunately don’t have any shared finances, children, shared housing, etc. We don’t even have that much of a shared history, lol. (Let me laugh about this, I’m trying really hard to find something to laugh about). But somehow we still had something together, and it always hurts to see that end. 5 months seems like a long time for me right now (even though I’ve had longer relationships) because I’ve only been working at my new job for 7 months. Meaning that throughout most of the time I’ve worked at my new job, I had him as a boyfriend… and now I don’t anymore.

We broke up because lately he began treating me like sh**, like standing me up, not returning my phone calls, etc. So there’s only so much a person can take of this madness, so I broke up. Yes, you heard me, so I was the one who broke up. But I’m still feeling sad. Because I really did like him, but I just wouldn’t put up with his sh** anymore. So I left. As I said, I know it’s for the best, and I do see better guys for me in the future. So I’m single again, but hopefully that just means that there’s a new love (a new guy ;) in store for me in the New Year. But hey, if there ever was a time for change and new beginnings, I guess this time of the year would be it ;)

Thanks for reading this. I just needed to vent a little. And if some of you out there are thinking, “5 months, that isn’t a long time…”, I’m thinking, “Wow, 5 months, was waaaaay toooo looong a time.” ;) I’m glad I got out, with my dignity and self-esteem intact. All it cost me was my time, a bruised ego and a broken heart. The last 2 of which will heal in time…

Comments

4 comments to "So my boyfriend and me broke up this weekend"

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...
December 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I'd rather be alone than with someone who treats me like crap.

That's the honest truth. Be happy you haven't wasted more than 5 months with him.

DH @ The Money Blog Revisited said...
December 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Hear, hear! :) I couldn't agree with you more, FB! :) I'd also much rather be alone than be with someone who treats me like crap. It was painful to break up (last Sunday). But with every passing day I feel better and better about it all. Especially because I know I took a stand and wouldn't put up with his sh**. So the more distance I get from the break up as the hurt subsides, the clearer I see things and the more empowered I feel. I could get a lot of guys out there, why I ended up with a loser this time round, I'll never know. But I'm glad I got out of there "fully intact", and that I was strong and wise enough, when the relationship started going downhill, to know when to call it quits.

Financial Samurai said...
December 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Life is too short to be with someone who treats you like shit! Forget that! Congrats and to a new 2011!

DH @ The Money Blog Revisited said...
December 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Thanks, Financial Samurai! :) The support you guys are giving me is awesome! :) Thanks! :) Yeah, life really is too short! :) I second that! :) Here's to a new, exciting year and great things to come! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com